In 2006 the Hospital Bed Safety Workgroup (HBSW) issued a document entitled, “Bed System Entrapment Dimensional and Assessment Guidelines”. These guidelines have been published to both aid in the design of new bed systems and to assess entrapment risks associated with hospital bed systems. In response to these guidelines and the need for safe bed systems, Bionix Safety Technologies offers the innovative B4000 Bed System Measurement Device. The B4000 is the only validated tool that tests to the FDA’s Hospital Bed System Dimensional and Assessment Guide document.
The B4000 Bed System Measurement Device reduces the risk of life-threatening entrapment by quickly testing the 4 critical entrapment zones of a hospital bed system per the Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) Hospital Bed System Dimensional and Assessment Guidance to Reduce Entrapment guidelines.
PROBLEM: Due to increased life-threatening entrapment associated with hospital bed systems, the FDA & Hospital Bed Safety Workgroup (HBSW) identified four critical entrapment zones, outlined in the FDA Guidance Document: ‘Hospital Bed System Dimensional and Assessment Guidance to Reduce Entrapment.’
SOLUTION: The B4000 Bed System Measurement Device, created by the HBSW, tests the four critical entrapment zones of a hospital bed system.
RESULTS: The B4000 and its easy to read pass/fail zones, allows a two-person team to test the 4 critical zones of a bed system in just 15 minutes. Providing documentable results that comply with Center of Medicaid Services (CMS) Guidance.
- Easy to read red and green zones on the cylinder section determining pass or fail.
- Easy to read lines on the cone to measure mattress compression.
- A safety strap to prevent the device from falling to the floor.
- Attachment ring for spring scale.
- The only validated test tool for assessing a bed system’s conformance to the FDA guidance document.
- The only device specifically designed to test the four critical entrapment zones of a bed system.
- Allows a two-person team to test a complete bed system within 15 minutes.
- Easy to read Pass/Fail indicators located on the device.
- Safety strap designed to prevent the device from falling to the floor during testing.
- Includes preformatted testing sheets to quickly and easily record test results.
- Includes carrying case for easy transport and storage.
- Includes instructional DVD for training on the use of the device.
Product Specifications and Resources
|Mode of Operation||Cone and Cylinder Tool and Scale|
|Tests Performed||Zone 1, Zone 2, Zone 3 and Zone 4|