Clinicians around the world are under constant pressure to reduce hospital-acquired infections (HAI). Infection rates are falling, yet one in 25 hospital patients still acquires an HAI. Daily patient bathing can help you protect more of your patients.
Did you know Hibiclens has been trusted by healthcare professionals just like you for more than 40 years? Its efficacy and safety are proven. This antiseptic skin cleanser provides an effective defense against the spread of infections in your facilities. The active ingredient, chlorhexidine gluconate (CHG), begins to kill germs on contact. It bonds with the skin and keeps on killing microorganisms, even after washing.
Clinical studies show that a 4% CHG solution such as Hibiclens can help reduce facility infection rates, resulting in a significant economic gain. In large peer-reviewed studies, daily bathing with CHG showed significant reductions in infection rates.
When to use Hibiclens
With multiple indications, Hibiclens has a great deal of utility throughout the hospital facility. The 4% chlorhexidine gluconate solution is in a gentle, skin cleansing base that can be used for:
- Daily patient bed baths, as part of a horizontal infection prevention approach.
- Preoperative/postoperative showering and decolonization, as part of surgical site infection prevention bundles.
- Surgical hand scrubbing.
- Personnel hand washing.
- Preoperative skin preparation.
- 4 Hibiclens Antimicrobial / Antiseptic Skin Cleanser (1 Gallon).
- 12 Hibiclens Antimicrobial / Antiseptic Skin Cleanser (32 oz).
- 48 Hibiclens Antimicrobial / Antiseptic Skin Cleanser (4 oz).
- 12 Hibiclens Antimicrobial / Antiseptic Skin Cleanser (16 oz).
- 24 Hibiclens Antimicrobial / Antiseptic Skin Cleanser (8 oz).
- Washes clean, leaving a layer of CHG protection without sticky residue.
- Incorporates easily into a patient’s usual skin cleansing routine.
Product Specifications and Resources
|Container Type||Pump Bottle|
|Country of Origin||United States|
|Active Ingredients||CHG (Chlorhexidine Gluconate)|
|Hibiclens Antimicrobial / Antiseptic Skin Cleansers|